This Policy describes how Edu-fy Pty Ltd (ABN 52 162 178 636) and its related entities (“we/our”) will use and handle any personal information collected from you in connection with your use of the edu-fy.com.au website and related services (“Edu-fy”).
Changes to the Policy
We recommend that you check this policy from time to time to see if it has changed. We will always state at the bottom of this policy the date on which it was last updated.
Edu-fy does not collect any data from the Straylings© application. Any personal data that you enter or performance data that you obtain is stored on your own device.
Generally, Edu-fy will be guided by the following principles when processing personal data:
- We will only collect personal data for specific and specified purposes;
- We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
- We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will not transfer personal data to third parties or across borders, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will seek to verify and/or update personal data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments of personal data;
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of personal data secure;
- Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We will not collect personal information about you without your knowledge. We may collect personal information about you if you:
- enter data and information in the course of your use of Edu-fy;
- wish to participate in any competitions and promotions conducted via the website;
- ask to receive email newsletters, special offers or other communications from us; or
- wish to conduct other transactions or activities on the website.
You are not required to provide us with this information but, if you choose not to, you may not be able to utilise Edu-fy or participate in activities conducted through the Edu-fy, or to receive services by means of Edu-fy.
The personal information we hold may include:
- contact details – your email address, name, mailing address, telephone number;
- demographic information – age, gender, income levels, occupation, education; and
- consumer information – personal preferences, brand awareness, consumption patterns.
Use of Your Personal Information
By providing your personal information, you agree that it can be used for the following purposes:
- account creation and management;
- billing and account enquiries;
- sales and technical support;
- product information and upgrade promotion;
- to provide you with any product or service you may have requested;
- for market research purposes;
- to moderate forums or submission of user generated content, including facilitating or blocking access;
- to provide you with information regarding our (or our third party sponsors’ or advertisers’) products, events or campaigns; and
- any purpose notified to you at the time of collection.
We may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties for the same purposes when it is necessary to provide services that we don’t perform ourselves, e.g. shipping of products, etc., provided that we use our best endeavours to ensure that any such recipient respects the privacy of your personal information, takes steps to ensure the security of your personal information, and undertakes to comply with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the terms of this policy.
We may also make any disclosure that is permitted by the NPP or the Privacy Act, or which we may be required to make by law.
Transfer of personal data to third parties and/or other countries
We do not process personal data on behalf of third parties, nor do we sell personal data to, or share personal data with, third parties for their own, independent use.
We do share personal data with third party vendors when it is necessary to provide services that we don’t perform ourselves, e.g. shipping of reward products, etc.
We may also use third party data hosting companies to store personal data collected by us in their servers, and to do data validation checks for us.
If we undertake or commission consumer research projects we may share personal data with third party research companies for this purpose. Also, such third party research companies may host survey data in their databases on our behalf.
When relevant, personal information may be shared among the business units and entities inside Edu-fy.
We will disclose personal data when legally obligated to do so under subpoena or court order, or for law enforcement purposes.
Personal data collected online from children under the age of 18
When a child under the age of 18 contacts Edu-fy online, example to participate in a contest or to ask a question, we will collect that child’s email address and the e-mail address of the child’s parent or guardian. We will use the child’s e-mail address only for the purpose for which it was collected, and we will use the e-mail address of the parents or guardians only to provide notification about the child’s contact with us, and to provide notification of the types and uses of personal data collected, if and as required by law.
As a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 from whom we have collected personal data, you have the right to review and have deleted such personal data, and to refuse to permit further collection or use of such personal data. To do so, you should contact us by writing to the address above. Parents and guardians who wish to review personal data concerning their children will be required to specify the usernames and passwords of the children concerned, and to provide their own e-mail address for verification and contact purposes.
We cannot and will not establish conditions that will require or encourage children to disclose personal data over and above what is reasonably necessary to participate in any activity features on our website.
Children under 18 years of age are allowed to participate in contests. However, if such a child wins, notification will be sent to the parent or guardian’s e-mail address (provided by the child when he/she enters the contest). Also, we will not ask the child for any personal data beyond e-mail addresses without obtaining prior parental consent. Any personal data obtained from children and parents during contests will be kept until the contest ends and prizes are delivered, and then it will be deleted.
We do not wish to send unwanted emails to you. On each email you receive from us, you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will remove your e-mail address permanently from that mailing list.
Certain non-personal information may be recorded by our systems through cookies. Such information may include your server address, domain name, IP address, the date and time of your visit, pages accessed, documents downloaded, previous website visited and the type of browser used.
You can disable cookies through your internet browser but if you do this, you might not be able to visit or participate in some parts of the website.
Storage of Data
We store personal information for varying periods of time depending on the purpose for which it is collected. In accordance with the NPPs this will be stored in a secure manner and made available only to those employees and management who need access to the information in order to perform their roles. Once we determine that we no longer require the personal information it will be destroyed in a secure manner.
Access To Personal Information
You have the right to request access to any personal information held by us, which relates to you, in accordance with the NPPs. If personal information held by us is inaccurate or out of date you have the right to request it to be updated or corrected. Costs may apply. Any requests for access must be made in writing to the Privacy Officer at the address below.
Edu-fy Pty Ltd
3/43 O’Connell Street
North Parramatta, NSW 2151, Australia
EFFECTIVE DATE: 25th September 2014